Monday, October 10, 2011

Christy Huang- John Grierson

英文四 黃瓊緻 Chiung-Chih Huang / Christy



The director whom I plan to introduce would be John Grierson. He was the founder of the British documentary movement of the 1930s.

He was quite an impact to the later-on development in the film industries. Moreover, what he had contributed to the film field gathered a variety of talented directors; for example, Humphrey Jennings who happened to be another available topic of the assignment. :)

Okay! So basically what I am about to do for this introduction to John Grierson would be a briefing about his biography along with the history as the background. Then I will specifically point out his influential establishments later on which gathered many other important directors of the time. Perhaps I would also choose one or two classics directed/produced by him and try to analyze them a little bit. As the conclusion, I haven't quite decided yet. But I'm thinking making a relevant link to Taiwan's film industry. I would try to find some features that share in common between Taiwanese films and British films in the 1930s. That might be interesting.

Ps. The main material I would be using would be from this website: http://www.britmovie.co.uk/directors/John-Grierson


Feel free to share comments and opinions. :D


Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment