Monday, October 10, 2011

Christy Huang- Self intro. //RED rocks!!

Hola folks!
I'm Christy Huang, an English senior.

Sorry that I didn't post a picture which should include myself in it as well since I don't really take pictures when going to the cinema.

To be honest, I am a Hollywood baby. Before taking this course, I know nearly nothing about European films, not to mention the crew behind; for example, the directors, the actors and the companies.

And now I've realized that by merely watching Hollywood films cannot lead me to see the whole picture of the film industry back then when it just got started. In the first few classes, I've learned its history and later development. I've come to see the first step; that was, the creation of motion pictures, specifically Lumiere Brothers who brought great impact to the world. Oh by the way, I really enjoyed the documentary film, Lumiere and company. It sort of has broadened my horizon of the word, "movie."

I am looking forward to learning more about European films since I know very little of its history and cultural impact to the world; moreover, to Taiwanese film industry. I would like to learn not only the professional terms used in the industry but also how these "masters" of the time created the idea of "making the photos alive" and then produce those into motion pictures and later on into movies. It would super fascinating to know! :)

Ps. RED is one of my favorites right now. It may not have the best plot but it definitely has the best cast!! And I just love Helen Mirren, especially when holding guns. Very sexy a lady! LOL


Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment