Sunday, October 2, 2011

Mai Tsai - Luis Buñuel

西文二 蔡佳諭 chia yu tsai / Luis Buñuel

The director that I will introduce is Luis Buñuel. He's a famouse surrealistic director ,and his film "Un Chien Andalou" is considered one of the classics of the early development of surrealism.

First,I would shortly introduce his life ( the background, his encounter with his two talented friends, Salvador Dalí and Federico García Lorca, and his staying in Spain, in France, in the United States and in Mexico...etc.)

Then I'd like to talk about his films, but since he had many works , and most of them are hard to approach for me, I would introduce the famouse ones like "Un Chien Andalou","Belle de Jour" ,"Charme Discret de la Bourgeoisie", "Tristana" and "Cet Obscur Objet du Désir". But the truth is that I've only watched three of them before, I would probebly talk more about them if i hadn't watched it before the presentation. And if possible , I'd like to play some short parts of the film for this can let everybody know better how his films is like.

At last , I'd love to have some reflections upon what influenced him to be a surrealist, and upon what he wanted to denouce to bourgeoisie.

No comments:

Post a Comment