Sunday, October 2, 2011

Me and the films in life


Hello everyone. I'm Chia-Yu Tsai,and my spanish name is Mai (it's not a traditional spanish name though).I'm a sophomore of spanish department. Sorry that I couldn't find a picture including me and a movie, so i just took a picture with my DVDs.
Let me introduce the dvds a little bit first.These two dvds are all french movies, one is called "LOL" which i think is quite famouse in Taiwan, and the other is "Les Bronzés Font Du Ski(1979)",it's an old french comedy about friendships and skiing. I got these two dvds from a good french friend of mine. She tried hard to find french movies with english subs for me, but sadly they're still with no subtitles... Only the "Les Bronzés Font Du Ski" has english dubbing (but a kind of hilarious english dubbing...). I like these two films, they're all movies with a happy ending. And they help me confirm that the european don't use subtitles when watching movies with their mother languages.
Although I'm studying spanish, i don't prefer spanish movies. In general, I watch films of various types : romance, comedies,epics,animations...etc. ,except science fictions and horror movies. Hmmm, I view movies as a way of relaxing myself, a way of jumping out of the world that I thought should be. Only there's a pity that ,after watching so many movies , I have no idea who those directors are, or what the meanings are behind those movies.
Since I enjoy watching european films ,and maybe it's a chance that I could watch movies not so superficially ever after, I chose this class, and I believe I will gain something from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment