Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Kirsty Cheng; journalist fond of filmmaking


Sorry...I dont have any pictures that are doing with films.. I hope this photo that I was holding a camera is more or less related..

Hey everyone, I'm Kirsty Ying Hsuan Cheng.
I major in Journalism, and I have taken few classes about film production during the past three years in college. I found myself really interested in filmmaking, and would like to study for a MFA degree in film or work in a movie studio.Since that, I want to understand much more about what's behind a film, and not just to watch it.

First step for me is to watch as many films as possible, so that's why I chose this class to enhance my knowledge about films, especially for European films that I seldom see before. I have seen Francois Truffaut's "The 400 Blows" few years ago, and I love this kind of film which reflects real life and gives us profound implications that make us wondering what our life have been about.

I also saw some young directors' films, like "I killed my mother" by a French director Xavier Dolan. I appreciate these European directors a lot, and feel like I know very little about European films. So, I am very excited to know more directors and films from Europe by taking this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment